Back ups – are these automatic?

Ourlocality Website Support Forum Forums Website Community Support Back ups – are these automatic?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admini 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

George Robertson

Philip, I there some sort of automatic back up for Our Locality websites? If not should I set something up? I notice that backups are possible via Jetpack, but at cost.

#1845 Reply

admini

Good morning.

The OurLocality backup regime is based on a daily snapshot of all files and database. The backup is incremental, so we can go back in time to some extent. The backups are archived on another physical disk so there should be 2 copies, should one go up in smoke/melt.

I am guessing you’re being pestered by the nice people behind JetPack to buy into their package. I’m not even sure this would work in the multisite setting that we operate.

Remember that the service we offer is on an as is and best efforts basis. Remember that it is possible to export your files and reimport them to another instance of your site somewhere safe, if you needed an archive copy.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  admini.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Back ups – are these automatic?
Your information: